Your gift to the Parent-Child Home Program New York City Fund will ensure that low-income New York City families have access to the skills and tools they need to prepare their children to achieve their greatest potential in school and life.
PCHP currently reaches over 500 families and 40 family child care providers annually in New York City, and completes over 15,000 home visits a year through a diverse array of community-based partners.
NEW YORK CITY OVERVIEW
• 59% of NYC PCHP participants speak Spanish as their home language
• 92% are receiving at least one form of government aid
• 89% are not participating in any other early childhood education program
• 74% of NYC PCHP families report incomes of $20,000 or less annually, and over 30% have incomes under $10,000 - these families are struggling to live well below the poverty line
• 49% of participating parents did not graduate from high school
• 68% of NYC PCHP families have more than one child
• Over 20% of parent participants are single parents